Contact Dr. Coyle
Office: Cent 5224
Email Dr. Coyle
Honors & Awards
Honors & Awards
From the National Academy of Engineering (NAE)
- 2005 Bernard M. Gordon Prize for Innovation in Engineering and Technology Education, with Leah Jamieson and Bill Oakes, for the creation of the EPICS Program at Purdue and of the National EPICS Program.
From the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Fellow of the IEEE, 1998: For contribitions to the theory of nonlinear signal processing.
- Myril B. Reed Best Paper Award from the 32nd Midwest Symposium on Circuits and Systems, Urbana-Champaign, IL, August 14-16, 1989, with Moncef Gabbouj.
- 1986 Best Paper Award for Authors under 30 from the IEEE Signal Processing Society, with Pat Fitch.
From the American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE)
- The 1997 Chester F. Carlson Award for Innovation in Engineering Education from the American Society for Engineering Education, with Leah Jamieson.
From the Electrical and Computer Engineering Dept Heads Association (ECEDHA)
- The Innovative Program Award, for creation of the EPICS Program, with Leah jamieson, 2006.
From the State of Indiana
- EPICS received the Governor's Award for Outstanding Volunteerism, Education Category, State of Indiana, 2003.
From Purdue University
- Schools of Engineering Faculty Award for Engagement/Service; Citation: "For outstanding work in fostering multidisciplinary learning and creating partnerships to support research, policy, and planning." March 2005.
- Team Excellence Award from Purdue's Schools of Engineering, for the creation and growth of the EPICS program, 2002, with Leah Jamieson, Bill Oakes, and Pam Brown.
- EPICS received the 2002 Focus Award for furthering Purdue's commitment to disability accessibility and diversity.
- The Class of 1922 Award for Outstanding Innovation in Helping Students Learn, Purdue University, 1997, with Leah Jamieson.
- Ruth and Joel Spira Outstanding Teacher Award, School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Purdue University, April 1997, with Leah Jamieson.
From the University of Delaware
- Distinguished Engineering Alumnus of the University of Delaware, 1998.
- Scott Paper Company Leadership Award, through the University of Delaware, 1975.
Fellowships and Scholarships
- Wallace Memorial Fellowship in Engineering, Princeton University.
- John B. Lynch Foundation Scholarship
- College of Engineering Freshman Scholarship from the University of Delaware, 1974.